View Single Post
Old 07-07-2016, 11:51 PM   #1 (permalink)
hermit
Base Member

Drives: Magma 370Z Nismo
hermit is on a distinguished road
Default Question about TT Nismo in winter

Basically, my car has been in the works for a custom built twin turbo for quite sometime. Issues came up with the shop it was at and he never got it 100% completed. It's now at a new shop here and they are doing the rest of the work. However, it will end up costing additional amounts. This due to various factors, but also including that I didn't know the fuel pump and clutch had to be replaced. I had planned on those anyway, just later. The previous mechanic had said not to worry about the clutch. I should have looked into it more, I found the information on the site.

That's the back story with a lot of detail left out to shorten this post. I'll post more about everything when it's finished. It's more for understanding why I have no twin turbo Nismo thread up, but will soon.

My actual question is about driving a twin turbo 370Z Nismo in winter/snow. I've searched and found other conversations, but not about TT.

Really it boils down to, is it going to be hard on or bad for the turbos or the rest of the car more so than non sports styled cars?

I already Know I will need a separate set of good winter wheels and tires. Other than that any advice or opinions on this? I would greatly appreciate it.

I'm just looking to let one of my two vehicles go. It's a bit to much for me to keep up with ATM. But, I'd rather it be the Xterra than then Nismo.

Thanks in advance.
hermit is offline   Reply With Quote