Thread: Birdman's Build
View Single Post
Old 07-07-2016, 02:48 PM   #152 (permalink)
birdman71
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: People Crazy!
birdman71 has a reputation beyond reputebirdman71 has a reputation beyond reputebirdman71 has a reputation beyond reputebirdman71 has a reputation beyond reputebirdman71 has a reputation beyond reputebirdman71 has a reputation beyond reputebirdman71 has a reputation beyond reputebirdman71 has a reputation beyond reputebirdman71 has a reputation beyond reputebirdman71 has a reputation beyond reputebirdman71 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JARblue View Post
I installed the new RJM HD CMC and the latest pedal revision. Had some issues with the bleeding and kept running out of time, so I went ahead and towed it to the Austin Z Clinic yesterday, which thankfully is located in my neighborhood. Kevin installed a new slave cylinder I provided for my Z1 kit; I had ordered a replacement last week just in case. So new master and slave cylinders plus new clutch pedal and a good bleed = Now everything feels exactly like it did before icon17: But no more worries of the master cylinder failing

I really am tempted to post up the receipt in the CSC failure thread. The line item reads "slave cylinder remove and replace" for $180 There wasn't any removal because I had already done it. But Kevin put the new one in, bled the system, and then did some adjustment to the slave linkage for proper engagement. I think I might make one additional minor adjustment when I have it up to bleed the brakes in the near future. Other than that, everything is great.
I would say go ahead and do that, it would be a good idea and plenty of the DIY guys would probably go for it.
Sounds like with the new setup you will definitely have a good drive! Try and make the tank last more than 225 miles lol...

At least you've eliminated many issues with either slave cylinder anymore. I still have my new ACT Clutch, and RJM pedal sitting there waiting for install. I haven't decided on whether or not to install the pedal by itself or wait until I have to do the clutch and pressure plate and flywheel again. That way I'm not doubling on labor and fluids. I want to get the RJM master too just to eliminate most if not all issues with clutch engagement, pedal feel, and easy of shifting. I may pull that trigger here soon. Just all depends haha

Quote:
Originally Posted by kukpet View Post
Looks awesome in blue
I have mine installed in January
Thanks brotha! I love the paint color and how it came out as well!

Awesome!! I was wondering if the person who had the first kit from the East Coast was on the forum or not! Hopefully one of these days we can all make it to Z Nationals or Z Dayz or something big like that, Have all 3 kits in the US at one location!

Birdman's Build:
Powerhouse Amuse/ Nismo/ Eibach/ ACT/ Tommy Kaira/ Avant Garde/ Fast Intentions/ Project Kics/ Fly 1 Motorsports/ EVO-R/ Z1 Motorsports/ Weber Sports/ Zoom/ Zele Japan

Last edited by birdman71; 07-07-2016 at 02:51 PM.
birdman71 is offline   Reply With Quote