View Single Post
Old 02-24-2009, 06:51 PM   #1 (permalink)
zed-er
Base Member

Drives: Cayenne S
zed-er has a reputation beyond reputezed-er has a reputation beyond reputezed-er has a reputation beyond reputezed-er has a reputation beyond reputezed-er has a reputation beyond reputezed-er has a reputation beyond reputezed-er has a reputation beyond reputezed-er has a reputation beyond reputezed-er has a reputation beyond reputezed-er has a reputation beyond reputezed-er has a reputation beyond repute
Default Dealer Said 370Z Now Built On Cayman Platform!?!?!?!

I know. It sounds too ridiculous to be real, but that's what happened.

A couple weeks ago, I went to Performance Nissan in Duarte, CA to test drive a 370Z with 6MT. (LOOOOOOVED the car, but more on that later.)

Anyway, during the course of the test drive, I told the sales guy that I was still considering a used Cayman S and hadn't made a firm decision on which car to buy yet.

So, when we get back to the dealership, we sit down so I can get a quote. The car had a $10,000 "Market Value Adjustment" sticker on the window, which I laughed at hysterically. I told the sales guy there was no way that would E-V-E-R happen, so don't even bother to ask.

They came back offering MSRP and, since I wasn't ready to roll I didn't attempt to negotiate anything lower. I thanked him for the test drive and started to get up to leave. At this point, I got "T.O.'d" to the sales manager who commented on how great the Cayman S is.

Then he said, "It's great how they're now building the 370Z on the Cayman chassis."

Stunned silence.

I asked him if he was sure about that.

To which he replied, "Yes, Nissan worked it out with Porsche so they could build the new 370Z on the Cayman platform."

I didn't have the heart to tell the guy he had no fookin' clue what he was talking about, so I just laughed, thanked him for his time, shook hands and left. I was shaking my head the entire time.

How is it that these clueless guys are even capable of putting a biscuit on the table. They are so utterly inept. I can only hope their mechanics know a little bit more than the dealership's management when the car comes in for repair. I mean, it's not as if the two cars are even built using the same CONFIGURATION! One is a front engine, rear drive, and the other is mid-engine rear drive. Not the least bit similar!

Is it any wonder the car business is in dire straits when these lying sacks of horse dung make ridiculous claims like this one?

Thought you guys might get a chuckle out of this.

zed-er
zed-er is offline   Reply With Quote