View Single Post
Old 07-06-2016, 04:27 PM   #6 (permalink)
JARblue
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 11 Z34, 98 E36 M3
JARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeetah View Post
what? you bought new rotors and pads and they squeal ???????
Sorry I wasn't clear. I was referring to pads only, not rotors, when I said "changed". My original OEM rear rotors and pads started squealing around 60K miles. I lubed them up good with no change. Around 70K miles I changed the pads out for Centric Posi-Quiet pads, lubed them, and bed them. They continued to squeal as though I hadn't done anything at all. At 80K miles now and same squeal. The rotor life is fine. Eventually I'm going to buy the Z1 2-piece rear rotors and some Carbotech XP pads when the rotors need replacement or funds become available.

2011 370Z 6MT Sport Gun Metallic | ARC | CJM | Ecutek | FI | Fujimura | R2C | SPL | Stillen | TWM | Z1 | ZSpeed |
JARblue is offline   Reply With Quote