Thread: Clutch Problems
View Single Post
Old 07-06-2016, 03:29 PM   #1 (permalink)
elhombre
Base Member

Drives: 2009 370z
elhombre has a reputation beyond reputeelhombre has a reputation beyond reputeelhombre has a reputation beyond reputeelhombre has a reputation beyond reputeelhombre has a reputation beyond reputeelhombre has a reputation beyond reputeelhombre has a reputation beyond reputeelhombre has a reputation beyond reputeelhombre has a reputation beyond reputeelhombre has a reputation beyond reputeelhombre has a reputation beyond repute
Default Clutch Problems

Hey guys,

So I was driving my car back from a trip to Rhode Island when I got a strange feeling from my clutch pedal. The pedal didn't go to the floor but the first half of the stroke didn't disengage the clutch. I pumped the pedal a few times and it came back. About a half hour later I went to shift from 6th to 5th...there was no clutch there. I pulled off and pumped the clutch and was able to get my clutch to work, although the working range was right when the pedal got about an inch from the floor.

So I have my car on my lift and am inspecting it, there are no leaks from the bell housing. The fluid in my master cylinder is clear and clean looking. I am guessing it is either air in my lines (somehow) or a faulty CMC. I am swayed this way just because my clutch still works it just engages low and I haven't lost any fluid/seen contamination of the fluid from clutch dust.

Anyways, some input into the situation would be great before. BTW the car only has 32k miles on it...
elhombre is offline   Reply With Quote