View Single Post
Old 07-06-2016, 03:18 PM   #3 (permalink)
B&W_Evader
Track Member

Drives: slower than before
B&W_Evader has a reputation beyond reputeB&W_Evader has a reputation beyond reputeB&W_Evader has a reputation beyond reputeB&W_Evader has a reputation beyond reputeB&W_Evader has a reputation beyond reputeB&W_Evader has a reputation beyond reputeB&W_Evader has a reputation beyond reputeB&W_Evader has a reputation beyond reputeB&W_Evader has a reputation beyond reputeB&W_Evader has a reputation beyond reputeB&W_Evader has a reputation beyond repute

Sand them down, wipe with IPA, Acetone, or laquer thinner. Both sides, even pattern, rotate rotor while sanding until you get the whole thing. Use 220 grit. Just enough to break the glaze off of them, should be about 2-3 minutes of work per side. Exact angle does not matter, just make sure it's at least 45 degrees off of the pattern the brakes made and fairly even all the way around.

When you change pads, I'm a fan of the XP8s. I left the stock rubber shim between the SST shim and the pad, w. lube in mine. On my second set and they almost never squeal.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Sand01.jpg (123.5 KB, 5 views)

Last edited by B&W_Evader; 07-06-2016 at 03:25 PM.
B&W_Evader is offline   Reply With Quote