View Single Post
Old 07-05-2016, 03:27 PM   #29 (permalink)
Jhill
Track Member

Drives: 2013 370z sport
Jhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilson2608 View Post
Alright so here's a long overdue update. I got back and my issue returned with both my coolant and fuel gauge reading low at all times. I took out the fuel pump and checked for shorts in the wires and there were none. I used my multimeter and unplugged the resistors to get a voltage reading to the sensors. (Fuel level sensor and fuel temp). I got a full 12v to the fuel sending unit and a 5v to the fuel temp sensor. So both seem to be getting their full amount of power. I did a resistance test on both gauges and the fuel level sensor failed. It's weird because I tested it right before I installed it the first time and it checked out okay. Funny how things break like that, I may of been to rough installing it idk. Anyways when I tested the resistance on the fuel temp I got 1.5, 1.6ohms. I need to dig in the service manual to check its specifications.

As for the coolant sensor I haven't really looked at it too much, I'm not throwing a code for it but I know it's not reading right. With my diagnostics tool plugged in it reads 130 degrees, but with my hand held thermometer it reads 180ish. So I know somethings up. When I turn the car off and just turn on the electricity it reads fine.

I'll update you when I find out more. HAPPY FOURTH OF JULY!!
Fuel temp sensor? I'm not sure what your referring to but I don't believe these have a fuel temp sensor, again not a Nissan tech but that would be pretty odd to have. Are you sure your not looking at a fuel tank pressure sensor? Also if your checking to see if something is pulling down the 5v ref then you need to do so plugged in otherwise if something was pulling it down and you disconnect to check 5v at the terminal you have just fixed your issue without even realizing it only to have the same issue once plugged back in. Looks like I am going to have to go through that manual when I get home and get a better idea what you are looking at.

Just did some googling and you are correct it does have a fuel temp sensor. That's actually kind of neat, never really paid much attention to that before.

Last edited by Jhill; 07-05-2016 at 03:36 PM.
Jhill is offline   Reply With Quote