View Single Post
Old 07-05-2016, 12:08 PM   #17 (permalink)
Jhill
Track Member

Drives: 2013 370z sport
Jhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not getting why they would say MAF placement or exhaust would effect the knock sensor. Knock sensor are simply piezoelectric and generate a voltage from vibration (a knock won't have a smooth running condition). As for the lab scope you can pick up snap on vantage on eBay for dirt cheap now and they work great and are bullet proof, however I don't know if it will help you much because if I remember correctly there will always be some activity on the knock sensor it is up to the PCM programming to determine what is the knock threshold. You would be better with a scan tool and it should give you a knock sensor 1 and knock sensor 2 data.
Jhill is offline   Reply With Quote