View Single Post
Old 07-03-2016, 10:46 AM   #1991 (permalink)
Jordo!
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2023 NATM
Jordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNKNOWN_370 View Post
Weight is going down. That's for sure.

Both GT-R and Z are getting dramatic weight reduction. I'm expecting 200lbs on the v6 turbo.... 300lbs on the turbo 4.
I wouldn't put too much hope in that. Lighter will be defined in part by safety standards and power to weight. All it has to do is outperform the current Z.

My guess is, they want to boast it's 60-0 braking and 0-60 are all a bit better, so the weight change will likely be relative to the power.

I guess we'll find out...

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPenvy View Post
Why do I keep seeing people saying that the nismo will be the 400hp and the regular Z only 300. That would be the most retarded thing Nissan could ever do. Imo the Z will be 400 and the nismo will be a tuned version at 430-450hp
I could be totally wrong here, but really, cost savings. The more they can loot the Q parts bin the better. The big changes should be in weight, handling, braking, and maybe tune.

I expect the rest of the drive train to basically follow whatever is offered for the Q (except for the AWD, I would guess), and the Z will almost certainly have a LSD option for the midlevel and up trim.

Also, they don't want to price themselves totally out of the running vs. Mustang and Camaros.

Realistically it will also mean fewer warranty issues if every version isn't boosted, but I guess we'll see.