Thread: Nismo ecu swap?
View Single Post
Old 07-01-2016, 02:30 PM   #24 (permalink)
ban25
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 17 C7 Z06 M7
ban25 has a reputation beyond reputeban25 has a reputation beyond reputeban25 has a reputation beyond reputeban25 has a reputation beyond reputeban25 has a reputation beyond reputeban25 has a reputation beyond reputeban25 has a reputation beyond reputeban25 has a reputation beyond reputeban25 has a reputation beyond reputeban25 has a reputation beyond reputeban25 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jhill View Post
Oh weird I did not know it was adjustable. From speaking with Seb I was under the impression it was a tweak he came up with to run with his MAP. So if I am understanding this right then when running his MAP for my tune I still have the option to tune the VDC independently of the MAP? Also I have only tracked once and it was leguna seca and I never felt like the car vdc was interfering but in still new however I never experienced the whole "ice mode" thing and hope to never experience it. Does the ecutek fix that?
The way it's set up from Seb, VDC-off is RaceRom-on, so it's independent of the map selection. My car is set up with modes for stock, all-features-enabled, and valet mode (RPM restricted). Laguna Seca is pretty easy on the Z. VDC might kick in on T9 and T11, but it's been so long since I've run it with VDC on, it's hard to remember. In fact, fuel starvation isn't a big deal at Laguna either, whereas on every other track in California, it's a nightmare...