View Single Post
Old 07-01-2016, 12:33 PM   #1 (permalink)
abec
Base Member

Drives: '06 300C SRT8
abec is on a distinguished road
Default stroker turbo setup

Some of the sticky data looks dated, please correct me if I am wrong.

I am wanting to build a turbo motor capable of 800+ whp including the appropriate satellite upgrades ( fuel, suspension, drivetrain, etc... ) I am working with a 2009 Nismo as the base. It has roughly 100k miles on it and will be rebuilding the motor before installing a turbo setup. I just finished up doing a 800+ rwhp build for my 300C ( which is extensive! ), and am wanting to do a 370z next. The 300 was pretty niche build, I expect similar issues with this one.

I have no qualms with doing research, but want to make sure what I'm reading is relatively recent. If anyone feels giving enough to point me in the right direction that would be wonderful. Even links to threads or what to search for is appreciated.

If it helps, my budget is pretty lofty as I prefer spending money to do best practices.

Is 4.5L the way to go? ( other options like a different motor? )
How much boost will I need? ( twin turbo )
Where can I turn to for fuel 93/e85 ( I did a fore setup recently )
Are the stock heads the best flowing ones available?

I wouldn't mind hitting 1000whp for a dyno sheet, but realistically I like to enjoy my cars at 90% of their max.

Any links to other peoples builds would be wonderful.

Thanks for answering any redundant questions, its difficult to get started especially when a site is as established as this one.
abec is offline   Reply With Quote