Thread: Nismo ecu swap?
View Single Post
Old 06-30-2016, 02:01 PM   #12 (permalink)
Jhill
Track Member

Drives: 2013 370z sport
Jhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ban25 View Post
Any reason why you don't want to use EcuTek? It's generally considered to be better software, especially with the ability to tune VVEL, throttle tables, and traction control. I originally had my car tuned by Seb @ SpecialtyZ, but Rob @ ZCarGarage in San Jose is now doing EcuTek as well.

As for what to look out for in terms of longevity: make sure it's tuned for California 91 pump gas and don't touch the redline. These engines have oiling issues at high-rpm and you don't want to risk it.
Rob is the guy I am actually looking to go to since I live in San Jose. Last I spoke he is starting to use ecutek more but I got the impression he likes it more on the forced induction stuff.

Tweaking he vvel is one of those things that I am not so sure I want done as that is a very complex system and is just now starting to be tweaked and not having really seen the long term effects of it yet. This is my daily driver and I tend to keep my cars for a long time (this is only my second car after 16 years). So I take car of them and try to ensure they are built to last, I am not a pro racer so I don't need that last 2-3hp if it's going to drive cylinder temps up too high etc..
Jhill is offline   Reply With Quote