Thread: Nismo ecu swap?
View Single Post
Old 06-30-2016, 01:43 PM   #11 (permalink)
ban25
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 17 C7 Z06 M7
ban25 has a reputation beyond reputeban25 has a reputation beyond reputeban25 has a reputation beyond reputeban25 has a reputation beyond reputeban25 has a reputation beyond reputeban25 has a reputation beyond reputeban25 has a reputation beyond reputeban25 has a reputation beyond reputeban25 has a reputation beyond reputeban25 has a reputation beyond reputeban25 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jhill View Post
Ok so that's what I figured was it would most likely be a more advanced timing.

In still on the fence of going to my local tuner with uprev and may go that route it's just now your putting all your trust in one person and you not fully knowing what they are doing to your car puts me a little on edge. Have to remember Nissan employs a team of engineers putting in a lot of hours to program these ECM to cover all conditions and variables so you don't run into weird drivability issues under any conditions and also make sure the engine last.

What typically gets done on the Uprev if you wanted to keep it mild and reliable.
Any reason why you don't want to use EcuTek? It's generally considered to be better software, especially with the ability to tune VVEL, throttle tables, and traction control. I originally had my car tuned by Seb @ SpecialtyZ, but Rob @ ZCarGarage in San Jose is now doing EcuTek as well.

As for what to look out for in terms of longevity: make sure it's tuned for California 91 pump gas and don't touch the redline. These engines have oiling issues at high-rpm and you don't want to risk it.