Thread: Nismo ecu swap?
View Single Post
Old 06-30-2016, 12:22 PM   #10 (permalink)
Jhill
Track Member

Drives: 2013 370z sport
Jhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomer_110 View Post
There was a thread on here a few years ago that discussed the difference. iirc the only difference was slightly better timing advance.
Ok so that's what I figured was it would most likely be a more advanced timing.

In still on the fence of going to my local tuner with uprev and may go that route it's just now your putting all your trust in one person and you not fully knowing what they are doing to your car puts me a little on edge. Have to remember Nissan employs a team of engineers putting in a lot of hours to program these ECM to cover all conditions and variables so you don't run into weird drivability issues under any conditions and also make sure the engine last.

What typically gets done on the Uprev if you wanted to keep it mild and reliable.
Jhill is offline   Reply With Quote