Thread: Nismo ecu swap?
View Single Post
Old 06-30-2016, 10:51 AM   #8 (permalink)
JARblue
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 11 Z34, 98 E36 M3
JARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jhill View Post
I too wonder about flashing the Oem ecu with the Nismo tune though. I know people get more power from after market uprev/ecutek and am considering an uprev tune from a local tuner that has a good rep but it would be nice if someone found the actual differences between Nismo vs base/sport so we could just input those numbers and know that we may not be getting every last HP but we would have a safe / reliable factory tune.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jhill View Post
There may not be but that is why it would be nice to see if someone had access to the numbers to verify. Even simpler is if the Nismo has a different software I.d. When programming vs the base / sport. Something I will ask when I bring mine to a contact at the dealer in a couple weeks to check if mine has most current programming is if the Nismo has different programming.
Waste of time. The Nismo tune is nothing special - just slightly less crappy than the OEM tune if its even different at all. Regardless, the differences are going to be so minimal that it's not even worth looking into. Ecutek can do way more and will get rid of the terrible throttle lag present in all stock tunes.

2011 370Z 6MT Sport Gun Metallic | ARC | CJM | Ecutek | FI | Fujimura | R2C | SPL | Stillen | TWM | Z1 | ZSpeed |
JARblue is offline   Reply With Quote