View Single Post
Old 06-29-2016, 07:53 AM   #30 (permalink)
ChopsZ
Track Member

Drives: 2016 370Z GM 6MT
ChopsZ has a reputation beyond reputeChopsZ has a reputation beyond reputeChopsZ has a reputation beyond reputeChopsZ has a reputation beyond reputeChopsZ has a reputation beyond reputeChopsZ has a reputation beyond reputeChopsZ has a reputation beyond reputeChopsZ has a reputation beyond reputeChopsZ has a reputation beyond reputeChopsZ has a reputation beyond reputeChopsZ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JARblue View Post
Adjusting the cable nut is specifically talked about in the FSM Parking Brake section I posted. However, the reason that it's not mentioned in this thread is because it should not be the first adjustment (despite being the easiest). Adjusting that nut 20+ turns seems like a hell of a lot and tells me that you definitely need to adjust the parking brake at the drum.

The FSM actually says to release that nut and loosen it when adjusting the parking brake. Then do the adjustment in the drum on the rear wheel that I talked about (tighten until wheels lock then loosen it back 5 or 6 clicks). Once the drum is adjusted, you can adjust the cable by turning the adjusting nut.
When we installed the wheel spacers last week, we checked the drum adjustments. They were about 3 clicks away from stopping the hubs from turning. We pulled them back those 3 clicks and they spun freely again.

Doing this adjustment at the handle was the next logical step. I just needed to do some research on how to access it (removing the cup holder) and having the time to do it.