View Single Post
Old 06-29-2016, 04:17 AM   #13 (permalink)
ChopsZ
Track Member

Drives: 2016 370Z GM 6MT
ChopsZ has a reputation beyond reputeChopsZ has a reputation beyond reputeChopsZ has a reputation beyond reputeChopsZ has a reputation beyond reputeChopsZ has a reputation beyond reputeChopsZ has a reputation beyond reputeChopsZ has a reputation beyond reputeChopsZ has a reputation beyond reputeChopsZ has a reputation beyond reputeChopsZ has a reputation beyond reputeChopsZ has a reputation beyond repute

I've never heard of TPS' being so fragile before. But if that's the case, just remove them before shipping the TB's off.

Also, what's the stock bore on the upper intake manifold? If it's the same size as the stock TB's, then boring out the TB's aren't going to net you anything except money out of your pocket.

Lastly, on a stock motor with just intake and full exhaust, are the stock TB's actually holding back the engine at all? Are they bottle-necking the engine at all? I kind of doubt it, but I could be wrong.

Oh, one more thing... From what I understand, our TB's are pretty much 100% open all the time and acceleration is actually performed via the intake valve control (VVEL). So if you're looking for sharper throttle response, you should really be looking at getting a tune, not bored TB's.

Last edited by ChopsZ; 06-29-2016 at 04:20 AM.
ChopsZ is offline   Reply With Quote