View Single Post
Old 06-28-2016, 07:34 AM   #11 (permalink)
kenchan
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: N/A
kenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mishuko View Post
so... today I was parked on a very gradual incline while borrowing my cousin's jack stands and while I was packing the trunk I hear a 'POP'

apparently the parking brake decided to let go and caused the car to start rolling backwards... I had the jack in hand so I literally dropped it in the trunk and held the car from rolling backwards with my body. luckily there is a bit of a bump at his driveway that acted as a block and was able to re-engage the parking brake.

not sure what happened... =( scary cause if it happened when I wasn't there or looking could of ended up bumping something

i went back inside and re-engaged the parking brake and let off the brakes. it held... so far so good. no i do not pull the e-brake to be 'cool' in a corner. only time i use it is during stops or when parked. never when in motion.

has this happened to anyone before?
u know datz how most people die.. if ur cant get inside the car to pull the e-brake, just let the car roll and crash. it aint worth getting pinched and dying for.
kenchan is offline   Reply With Quote