View Single Post
Old 06-28-2016, 06:57 AM   #6 (permalink)
mishuko
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '12 Z
mishuko has a reputation beyond reputemishuko has a reputation beyond reputemishuko has a reputation beyond reputemishuko has a reputation beyond reputemishuko has a reputation beyond reputemishuko has a reputation beyond reputemishuko has a reputation beyond reputemishuko has a reputation beyond reputemishuko has a reputation beyond reputemishuko has a reputation beyond reputemishuko has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JARblue View Post
Could be bad or could be no big deal. First thing I would do is check the operation of the brake now. You say its working again, but I would check a couple of things. Get the rear wheels off the ground, engage the parking brake and check to see if both wheels are locked. Also check the cable on the back side of the e-brake drum to make sure it's taught - it should be if the e-brake is engaging now.

Next easiest step is to check the adjustment on the parking brake itself. If it doesn't need adjusting, then you're probably looking at having to open up the parking brake drum to find the culprit. There's an adjuster spring inside that has popped for someone before. See the attached PDF for the Parking Brake section in the FSM
I'll check it out this weekend when I swap my pads.

It was about halfway engaged when I got back into the car. Could of been pilot error not getting it all the way up.

I did get into the car and engaged it again and sat for a few minutes and it didn't pop. Hmm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by marty31 View Post
You didn't have it in gear?
No... when I park it I usually keep it engaged in the opposite direction of the gradient. This time i was a bit lazy and was literally hopping out and back in :/
mishuko is offline   Reply With Quote