View Single Post
Old 06-27-2016, 02:58 PM   #1533 (permalink)
khsysh
Base Member

Drives: 12 PW Z mt
khsysh is on a distinguished road

Hello guys, I think mine will fail in near future too. 2012 / 54k miles on it.
During a mountain run a month ago, I pressed my clutch and it went in all the way. However, it did not come back up all the way. But I was able to put it into gears, and the clutch got normal after one hour of driving coming back home. So I bleed the clutch fluid about two weeks ago. Yesterday I started the car and tried to put it into gear. However the clutch went down halfway when no pressure was applied (only the weight of my foot was applied) but pressure was needed to be applied in order to press it down all the way from the half point like always. It eventually became normal after 15 minutes of driving.

From what I read on this thread, I think I need to do something about it before it dies. I asked my mechanic about it and he said it will cost over $2000 including parts and labor to fix the problem. Is it correct? However, I was debating to keep the Z or let it go for another car. So if I choose to keep the Z, what will be the best way to go? Change it to Z1's kit and will it solve the problem? Or buy ZSpeed HD slave like what JARblue said? I don't track the Z and it's my daily driver. I just don't want to worry about it after if I decide to keep the Z.

Thank you and sorry for poor English.
khsysh is offline   Reply With Quote