View Single Post
Old 06-25-2016, 11:26 AM   #126 (permalink)
DIGItonium
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 09 Z34-TT 6MT
DIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverstone View Post
So the gauge cluster LEDs are PLCC-4, but you used PLCC-2? Just ordered a JDM cluster to practice on and get right. I'm going to attempt to black out the LCDs completely to prevent light bleed while allowing the numbers to pass through. I can't tell if your photos are just overexposed or if it really is that bright.

I'd like my stock cluster to match my triple meters as much as possible, since I'm about to grab the new Defi A1 gauges for replacements.
It's over exposed. Camera has a lot of trouble with these shots. It's about the same brightness as OEM. I used PLCC2 and masked out the extra pads. More power to you if you can get the PLCC4 LEDs.