View Single Post
Old 06-23-2016, 03:06 PM   #19 (permalink)
Magic Bus
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 17 6MT M2
Magic Bus has a reputation beyond reputeMagic Bus has a reputation beyond reputeMagic Bus has a reputation beyond reputeMagic Bus has a reputation beyond reputeMagic Bus has a reputation beyond reputeMagic Bus has a reputation beyond reputeMagic Bus has a reputation beyond reputeMagic Bus has a reputation beyond reputeMagic Bus has a reputation beyond reputeMagic Bus has a reputation beyond reputeMagic Bus has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by RumbleFish View Post
A little more about Dale.

Even though he was an American, born in Delta Co., he and his family were rounded up an sent to an internment camp.

After being sent to the Gila River internment camp in Arizona, Dale volunteered to fight in World War II, joining the 442nd Regimental Combat Team.

After two years, he was awarded a Purple Heart and given a medical discharge.

I had the utmost respect for Mr. Ishimoto, especially knowing what he and his family had to endure yet, he still volunteered to join the military and fight in WWII!
RumbleFish, Mahalo for sharing info in regards to the 442 Regimental Combat Team. Being the most decorated unit for it's size in the US military history, it was a very expensive endeavor in lives & health for these young men.

I have directly benefitted, and am very thankful for their extreme courage, selflessness, wisdom & humility. My father & uncle was part of this campaign even though another uncle was placed in an internment camp. They never complained, protested, felt sorry for themselves or asked the US to be reimbursed for their homes, possessions and businesses that was taken during this period.

In fact they were just grateful that over 60 years after the war, the US formally apologized to these interned Americans. And at this time, the US did offer $10,000 to the interned Americans, unfortunately many have already passed away and of the remaining, a good portion of them have not even attempted to collect.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/442nd_...(United_States)

Last edited by Magic Bus; 06-23-2016 at 03:11 PM. Reason: Link was not working
Magic Bus is offline   Reply With Quote