View Single Post
Old 06-23-2016, 01:06 PM   #39 (permalink)
brancky3
Track Member

Drives: 14 370Z Gun Metallic
brancky3 has a reputation beyond reputebrancky3 has a reputation beyond reputebrancky3 has a reputation beyond reputebrancky3 has a reputation beyond reputebrancky3 has a reputation beyond reputebrancky3 has a reputation beyond reputebrancky3 has a reputation beyond reputebrancky3 has a reputation beyond reputebrancky3 has a reputation beyond reputebrancky3 has a reputation beyond reputebrancky3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JARblue View Post

If you think that's all you need to boost a 370Z you're in for an eye opener. None of the turbo kits include all the supporting mods necessary for forced induction

$10-12K is about the minimum you can get away with for a decent kit and install. And that doesn't even include the necessary contingency fund for when $hit goes south. Because with boost, it's not a matter of if but when.
Yea my post was mostly sarcastic about $9k - but he said boost the Z, not drive the boosted Z

I built up my old 2001 Audi A4 with a bigger turbo and quickly found I needed a huge intercooler, a 3" exhaust, a new clutch, an EBC, etc etc etc. Luckily the engine internals were pretty stout on that and really had no chance to blow with the ~450HP I was running.