View Single Post
Old 06-23-2016, 11:36 AM   #2 (permalink)
///maestro
Track Member

Drives: 11' 370z|09' BMW M3
///maestro is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by JARblue View Post
Actually, that sounds very reasonable to have a car painted. You get what you pay for

And a $7K boost job on a 370Z is probably going to have a similar outcome as your dip. A really crappy shop might fab together an ebay kit and install it for that price, but it won't last long. Again, you get what you pay for.

I'm not trying to say you deserve the results you got - those guys were obviously incompetent. But results like that are why I will always pay more to have someone that I know knows what they're doing to do it right rather than cheap out and get it done by the lowest bidder. When I look back in hindsight, I don't want to have to say I wish I had spent more money to do it right the first time.
for 9-10k you could definitely boost a 370z. (I was leaning more towards the bigger number in your pricing range). And I 100% agree with the "you get what you pay for" statement. But my thoughts were "it's only $1,000 dollars, If I don't like it, i'm not losing much." I was upset with how the blue came out for the price because others came out much much better, but what really got me is how they ruined everything while taking the paint off...That was something I was not expecting. They market this stuff as if it peels off in large panels and comes off very easily. With that said, there were THOUSANDS of small blue pieces of my paint of the ground when I got there to pick the car up.