View Single Post
Old 06-23-2016, 11:22 AM   #34 (permalink)
JARblue
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 11 Z34, 98 E36 M3
JARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///maestro View Post
Yes exactly. 7-9k is way too much for paint in my opinion. I could have the car boosted for that much.
Actually, that sounds very reasonable to have a car painted. You get what you pay for

And a $7K boost job on a 370Z is probably going to have a similar outcome as your dip. A really crappy shop might fab together an ebay kit and install it for that price, but it won't last long. Again, you get what you pay for.

I'm not trying to say you deserve the results you got - those guys were obviously incompetent. But results like that are why I will always pay more to have someone that I know knows what they're doing to do it right rather than cheap out and get it done by the lowest bidder. When I look back in hindsight, I don't want to have to say I wish I had spent more money to do it right the first time.

2011 370Z 6MT Sport Gun Metallic | ARC | CJM | Ecutek | FI | Fujimura | R2C | SPL | Stillen | TWM | Z1 | ZSpeed |
JARblue is offline   Reply With Quote