View Single Post
Old 06-23-2016, 08:53 AM   #15 (permalink)
Wilson2608
Enthusiast Member

Drives: Nissan 370Z Sport
Wilson2608 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jhill View Post
as a journeyman level drivability/electrical diag tech for the last 11 years, up until this last year when finally leaving automotive to actually make a living so I can afford my own z and not fix everyone else, or in my case everyone else's corvette. Loved the work (once I got to a specialized role, no heavy duty, didn't have to do anymore engine R&R or trans etc,) hated the pay and the BS warranty times etc etc.. but I am fairly certain (I'm not there testing so I cant say 100% without a doubt) that you goofed on your wiring. Maybe you screwed up and wired something into the fuel tank pressure sensor? the multiple high voltage codes you have would re enforce my believe that somehow you have screwed up the 5v ref. and the timing of it too.
Okay I'll be reading through the FSM today to gather as much info as I can and see if the two circuits have any common route. Both my codes are high input codes. I honestly think I know what is causing those codes though. When I depressurized the fuel lines I didn't unplug the fuse. I just unplugged the fuel pump and cranked the car. Yeah obviously that will throw a Cel and I knew that from the beggining, I just figured it doesn't matter and it'll be fine once I clear the codes. I bet that has something to do with the short or wiring issue. So basically, to test for the 5v reference I can use my multimeter at certain sensors and test for the 5v power supply?