View Single Post
Old 06-22-2016, 09:03 PM   #10 (permalink)
SouthArk370Z
Premium Member

Drives: 2014 Challenger
SouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond repute

I am glad to hear that you are learning how to work on cars. It will save you a lot of money in the future and may get you out of a bind when the car goes into limp mode some moonless night on a deserted road. And it can be very satisfying. But sometimes you have to get some help or farm the job out to someone else. I was an electrician and instrument tech for a couple of decades and I would still suspect the wiring if I had done the job - feces occurs. Find somebody that knows a little bit about electricity/electronics and get them to help you trouble-shoot. Figuring out what is wrong should be pretty easy (fixing it may not turn out that way, but that's another thread).

I am not 100% certain that the problem is not somewhere else but am pretty sure the problem is related to what you did. If not the external wiring, then the internal wiring of the sensors. The timing is right and the symptoms seem to point in that direction. Maybe you shorted something out in the ECM or there is a wiring problem in the engine compartment.

And NEVER work on fuel systems, brakes, traction control, &c unless you know what you are doing. If you have any doubts, find someone that knows what they are doing to help.

PS: Disconnect the battery before doing any electrical work. You can find the procedure in FSM or many threads on this site. The same threads will usually tell you how to reset windows and other quirks that pop up when the power is killed.