Thread: Stereo rebuild
View Single Post
Old 06-22-2016, 07:39 PM   #24 (permalink)
370ZBlk
Base Member

Drives: 370Z
370ZBlk is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthStyle View Post

Pretty much the same as everything I've done. The only issues I'm having are the reverse camera not turning on when I engage reverse and not being able to fully setup the Axxess as it won't recognize my Search up or down buttons (harness was made by bigaudiofanat and double- and triple-checked the wiring so there may be something wrong with my module). Minor things but still annoying considering how much BS I've already gone through...

Funny I had the same two issues..

1) For the rear verse camera - I did the following. Behind the headunit you should have a wire that says reverse camera input, and take the positive of the rear camera wire and connect it to that.. Taking the same positive wire, connect it to the positive wite of the reverse light within the tail lights.. The negative gets connected to a ground (I connected it at the rear where a bunch of grounds were).. For the camera have dedicated positive and negative wire rather than a negative that is coiled which was my problem originally. The RCA cable goes into the port for the reverse camera. This solved my problem.

2) For the AXXIS - my search up and down works, but not on Apple Car Play. It works on the radio only.. So I know the function works but not working on specific application. My source doesnt work but instead it mutes the sound to a lower volume - which works wonders.

As for the sound deadener, I used RAAM Mat and like DeliriousClam said, it's extremely easy to apply... just tedious and time-consuming. I just ordered the $159~ish setup and I still have a bit leftover to do in front of the rear shock towers and hatch cover but it'll be close.

Thanks for the info!

Yupper... invest in a roller. I was able to pick up a pair (small and medium) for 7 Euro and it was much better than patting everything down. I used the end of my scissors for the small edges.

Back to the struggle: As I mentioned previously, I'm having issues with the receiver recognizing the rearview camera so it's either something wrong with the camera or my wiring is wrong. For those of you with an aftermarket camera (I have the type that integrates into the license plate lights), how did you wire it up?

Additionally, I'm unable to get my Axxess configured. I'm able to get as far as setting it up manually, with it recognizing the volume up and volume down, but when I try to set the scan/search up or down I get no lights... any advice? Thanks again.
Replies in red.