Thread: Stereo rebuild
View Single Post
Old 06-22-2016, 04:24 PM   #23 (permalink)
NorthStyle
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2011 370Z Nismo
NorthStyle has a reputation beyond reputeNorthStyle has a reputation beyond reputeNorthStyle has a reputation beyond reputeNorthStyle has a reputation beyond reputeNorthStyle has a reputation beyond reputeNorthStyle has a reputation beyond reputeNorthStyle has a reputation beyond reputeNorthStyle has a reputation beyond reputeNorthStyle has a reputation beyond reputeNorthStyle has a reputation beyond reputeNorthStyle has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by white37014 View Post
wow looks good man you sure had your work cut out for you on this one, looks like the project is coming along nicely, I once had a disaster of a wire issue on a RSX I bought from somebody what a mess!
Yeah, I just finished up fixing the rest of the wiring this afternoon after work. The antenna was a bit of a pain being a coaxial cable so what I did was solder the innermost strands, wrap them in foil (no clue, but looked similar to what was already there so I was going for uniformity lol), then wrap them in more copper cable from some multi-strand wiring I had then wrap that in electrical tape as I had forgot to run the heatshrink tubing beforehand. All-in-all, came out well and everything "stereo-wise" works as it should.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 370ZBlk View Post
I just replaced the following;

Stock headunit for Pioneer HU W/ Car Play
Steering Wheel Controls
Rear View Camera
Wired all of this to the factory BOSE, for now.

Next goal is to add a aftermarket subwoofer in a custom enclosure w/ standalone amp and dynamat the trunk. .

Question: How easy was it for you to dynamat the trunk? How much material was needed? I also plan to dynamat the hatch as well.

Thanks!

*Edited - damn autocorrect lol.
Pretty much the same as everything I've done. The only issues I'm having are the reverse camera not turning on when I engage reverse and not being able to fully setup the Axxess as it won't recognize my Search up or down buttons (harness was made by bigaudiofanat and double- and triple-checked the wiring so there may be something wrong with my module). Minor things but still annoying considering how much BS I've already gone through...

As for the sound deadener, I used RAAM Mat and like DeliriousClam said, it's extremely easy to apply... just tedious and time-consuming. I just ordered the $159~ish setup and I still have a bit leftover to do in front of the rear shock towers and hatch cover but it'll be close.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeliriousClam View Post
In all seriousness though, dynamat is easy. You don't have to make it look good because it won't be seen. Cut it, lay it down, press it down, then press it down with the round end of a handle on a screwdriver (or a roller if you buy one for doing it) in the corners and grooves and ****
Yupper... invest in a roller. I was able to pick up a pair (small and medium) for 7 Euro and it was much better than patting everything down. I used the end of my scissors for the small edges.

Back to the struggle: As I mentioned previously, I'm having issues with the receiver recognizing the rearview camera so it's either something wrong with the camera or my wiring is wrong. For those of you with an aftermarket camera (I have the type that integrates into the license plate lights), how did you wire it up?

Additionally, I'm unable to get my Axxess configured. I'm able to get as far as setting it up manually, with it recognizing the volume up and volume down, but when I try to set the scan/search up or down I get no lights... any advice? Thanks again.
NorthStyle is online now   Reply With Quote