View Single Post
Old 06-22-2016, 01:23 PM   #758 (permalink)
madeinjapan
Banned

Drives: 2013 g37x 2014 370z
madeinjapan has a reputation beyond reputemadeinjapan has a reputation beyond reputemadeinjapan has a reputation beyond reputemadeinjapan has a reputation beyond reputemadeinjapan has a reputation beyond reputemadeinjapan has a reputation beyond reputemadeinjapan has a reputation beyond reputemadeinjapan has a reputation beyond reputemadeinjapan has a reputation beyond reputemadeinjapan has a reputation beyond reputemadeinjapan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mogoul View Post
The AAM kit is a beast man. I won't really be able to take full advantage of it until I get the LSD In. Still working out all the kinks with the tune right now, so more to follow with how the EcuTek is going. So far so good tho. Very user friendly for the most part.

Exhaust is almost full 3 inches; only the Y-Pipe is 2.5. I had the Meisterschaft rear and mid with the stock Y's. Forgot to order the Meisterschaft Y so when it came time in the TT build to put the exhaust all back together AAM ended up having to weld 3x 3" flanges onto one of their Y-pipes and mate onto the 3"down pipes and the Meisterschaft mids.

As to cats.... I'd like to assert my 5th amendment right against self incrimination

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mogoul View Post
Didn't bother with turbo blankets; for the time being anyway. Maybe at a later date. And if you want to get to 600bhp but stay under 10 pounds of boost then you're going to need a good tune/tuner to go wth the kit. I would recommend EcuTek. A lot more dear but the added functionality I think makes up for it.

Also I would highly recommend doing the LSD at or before the TT. Yes I got great numbers first time around but I can't use it because the stock VLSD is not designed to handle that much power. I wheel spin all the way into 4th. Just ordered the Wavetrac LSD this morning from Vivid as well as the whiteline bushings, Z1 diff cover (for added oil capacity) and OEM bearing/seal kit. So I'll be doing that install here in the next couple weeks when the parts get in.
madeinjapan is offline   Reply With Quote