View Single Post
Old 06-22-2016, 12:49 PM   #5 (permalink)
Jhill
Track Member

Drives: 2013 370z sport
Jhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthArk370Z View Post
I would suggest waiting to check the thermostat - purging the system after everything is back together can be a royal PITA.

It still sounds a lot like a wiring problem to me. And, IMNSHO, checking wiring is a lot easier than purging a cooling system.

The AC thing has me scratching my head. I'd check the fuel sensors wiring (and then thermostat, if needed*) and see if fixing that problem doesn't magically fix the AC.

Edit: Actually, I'd check the temp sensor and wiring before checking the 'stat. YMMV
Sounds to me like you shorted the 5v ref. That's ref voltage is in parallel with basically all sensors. So you screw it up and all sensors that use it will be innacurate. Also some ac system now days are smart and will not run if they suspect t-stat issues (which is gained from temp sensor reading which also uses the 5v ref).

Even if you t-stat is stuck open it should still be able to get hot (it is after all summer). Leave it idling for a few hours in the sun if needed and then feel upper and lower hoses and check the gauge. If hoses hot and gauge cold well then you have an electrical issue.
Jhill is offline   Reply With Quote