View Single Post
Old 06-22-2016, 11:14 AM   #2 (permalink)
SouthArk370Z
Premium Member

Drives: 2014 Challenger
SouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilson2608 View Post
... Im thinking it has something to do with my jerry rig. ...
That's pretty good thinking. One of the first questions to ask when trouble-shooting is "was anything changed right before it happened?".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilson2608 View Post
The main problem, my coolant gauge is reading low constantly. The gauge worked fine until I did my jerry rig job on the fuel pump hosuing, ...
Just guessing here but, due to the timing, I'd be willing to bet 0.50 USD that the problems are related. If you can read electrical drawings, download the FSM and see if you can spot wires, harness, connectors, &c that the two circuits have in common.

Edit: Electric fuel pumps, especially those that are mounted internally, are not where one wants to jerry-rig or cut corners. Same goes for brakes and other "mission critical" or safety hazards.

Edit #2: It's possible that the fuel sensors and the coolant temp sensor have the same signal voltage source and a partial short in your jerry-rigging is pulling that source down. See the FSM to check.

Last edited by SouthArk370Z; 06-22-2016 at 11:27 AM.
SouthArk370Z is offline   Reply With Quote