View Single Post
Old 06-21-2016, 09:00 PM   #1962 (permalink)
Davey
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '15 NISMO 6MT
Davey has a reputation beyond reputeDavey has a reputation beyond reputeDavey has a reputation beyond reputeDavey has a reputation beyond reputeDavey has a reputation beyond reputeDavey has a reputation beyond reputeDavey has a reputation beyond reputeDavey has a reputation beyond reputeDavey has a reputation beyond reputeDavey has a reputation beyond reputeDavey has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by RicerX View Post
Maybe a bit, but not quite as much as you think, especially if we're looking at it from the overall sports car package.
Oh the "overall sports car package"...

Quote:

If you consider the full package of amenities, the Miata Club at $28,600 has roughly the exact equipment as a Sport Tech Z at $37,070 (except more updated) - nearly $10k. I don't know many people that want the base equipment in either car (which is VERY base in the Z for today's standards - a radio with 2 speakers and a USB port as a prime example.)

USB ports, eh? Now I understand who I'm discussing sports cars with I guess.

I thought were talking about "driver's cars" comparable to the Z, and you want to break out the tally sheet for cupholders and USB ports. I guess if that's what's important to you then there are better options than the Z, the cupholder isn't even very big.

Quote:
the BRZ is borderline worthless
Agreed.

Quote:

That is an exceptionally fair point to the front end of the argument. For the NISMO/Vette side of it, not so much. If you're in the market for a $45k NISMO, I don't see how you don't at least consider pricing a Vette, especially since there are incentives out there on the Stingrays. (RANT: I don't know that I spend $41,990 on a NISMO and don't at least think about a Tech trim so I can get "tech" that comes standard in a $19k Sentra - this might be a different converstation if Nissan didn't just throw in the tech at the $41k pricing.)
I know you could work a dealer on the price of a new Z, but at that level, why wouldn't you consider the Vette? Sure there's budgeting a buyer needs to consider, but that's where the Z is running into trouble on the top end of its offerings- it's too close to a piece of the market where the majority of its buyers care less about a $10k price difference at this level of car. My point is that the Z doesn't have what it takes to play in that space and retain a significant portion of the market.
3.9% APR for 60 months is an "incentive"?

Quote:
Finally, if you're shopping $50k sports cars and you're whining about $10k, go home. You're drunk. Maybe you need to stay around $30k. Or maybe you don't need a sports car.
Rich people care about $10K too. People who are bad with money don't. People who "could care less" about $10K (and really don't need to) are far less common than you seem to realize.

Quote:
See bolded text. However, here, you're admitting that a base Z is nearly worthless to consider in the scope of this argument. Allow me to elaborate...

This is where you lost me. I didn't admit that. I would have had to have said it to admit it, which I clearly didn't.

Quote:

You make too many assumptions. It's about the package. The entire argument is about the package of each car.
Oh I see, it's about the package...

Quote:

A 2016 Camaro SS (at the same price of a Sport Tech Z) boasts better braking, better acceleration, better roadholding, and better tech for the same money. Regardless of the "feel" of the car, these are the numbers, and the numbers don't lie. A 4.0s 0-60, a 12.4s 1/4mi, and a 0.97g roadholding. Stock. Out of a car that outweighs the Z by 400lbs. $37k for $37k. .
Oh wait, it's about the numbers.

I'd love to continue to discuss your points, but I'm afraid you don't seem to really have any idea what they are.

Last edited by Davey; 06-21-2016 at 09:06 PM.
Davey is offline   Reply With Quote