View Single Post
Old 12-31-2009, 09:34 AM   #13 (permalink)
ebruder
Base Member

Drives: Z4M Coupe 928S4
ebruder is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by imag View Post
If you haven't already, it's probably also worth driving a used Cayman S (sacrilege on a Z board, I know). You can find good ones for $40K in basically mint condition (Porsche owners can be more anal than anyone).

I was disappointed in the interior and I just didn't fit properly in it, but it is a better pure sports car than either the Z or the Z4M, and it won't need as many add-ons as the Z to go on the track, if that's your thing.
I drove P-cars beginning in 1984 until this Z4M, and I just don't care for the Cayman or Cayman S. It's steering is as precise as any car I have ever experienced, but the car does nothing for my soul. My 928's and 911's did, but not the Cayman. The only two P-cars that excite me now are the GT3 and the Turbo, but both totally impractical and costly. The RMS problem has me avoiding the 911's. Rational or not, Porsche really turned me off when they left their customers hanging with an obvious design/manufacturing flaw.

The MCoupe feeds my soul making beastly speed and sounds all the way to its 8,000 red line, and I hope the 370Z will as well. I wish I could get the Exige out of my thinking, for I don't want a weekend only or track only car.

EB
ebruder is offline   Reply With Quote