View Single Post
Old 06-19-2016, 05:35 PM   #1 (permalink)
Chemicool
Base Member

Drives: RX7 1993
Chemicool is on a distinguished road
Default Supercharger Decisions

Well I've been reading a lot over the past few weeks since I got my Z about superchargers. I originally was gonna go with the Stillen 'cause it's a widely recognized name, looks good, and seemed very compact with the air to water integrated cooler. However, I have been reading a lot of negative opinions about their kit. Mainly I believe due to the fact that it is limited as far as upgrading and making serious power. So I looked to the GTM superchargers but I guess there has been sketchy business with one of their prior employees and very long delivery times. So..what to do. Ive been reading some threads about Stillen with air-to air conversions, however, they seem to use a stripped out Stillen manifold.

My thoughts are to cobble together a hybrid kit. Utilizing the Vortech SC and mount from the Stillen and the intercooler and piping from the GTM. (or similar IC and piping). I'm not sure if the Vortech SC is a better option as far as the blower goes but I like that it's mounted up top. (Easier to install, work on, straight route for cold air intake/filter. I would clock the SC downward so as to route piping more directly to the IC and avoid having to take off the overflow tank as in the Stillen kit. Maybe starting with the canned tune for the Stillen and having it tuned from there?

Any thoughts? maybe it's been done this way before?
Chemicool is offline   Reply With Quote