View Single Post
Old 12-31-2009, 09:01 AM   #11 (permalink)
ebruder
Base Member

Drives: Z4M Coupe 928S4
ebruder is on a distinguished road

Wow! What a fast bunch of responses!

nogoodname... thanks for the youtube post. I watched it immediately. Richard's seeming love of the new Z4 baffled me.

areyouin729... sorry, I really didn't care for the 300ZX: to each his own

AK370Z... The SynchroRev feature seems very, very cool. I am very good at heel/toe downshifts, whether on the track or in town, but even then I am not close to what I have seen demo'd on the SynchroRev. I would have to put an oil cooler on (is this a dealer install?), and I understand that track pads would also be needed for high speed track driving (Mid-Ohio, Nelson Ledges, and certainly for Road America).

imag... I could care less about the sound system in a sports car, or nav when my blackberry has TeleNav on it. Bluetooth, though, is now almost a requirement.

kannibul... I drove a G35 before buying the Z4M. Very nice car, but not what either I or my wife wanted.

YellowZ.. at first I felt the Z4M lacked grip, and I was completely right, for as soon as I bought the car I took off the miserable OEM Conti SportContacts (1) and put on fatter Bridgestone RE-01's. What a difference! The car corners perfectly, and the grip in very predictable when reaching the limits. Also, I would be buying my current MCoupe, so I would have 1 more year of no cost maintenance and warranty.

The thing is I really like the MCoupe's styling and mechanics, but I can get a new 370Z for just a bit more $ than a 3 year old MCoupe. I will definely have to drive the Z. I looked at one yesterday, and it fits, but the weather precluded driving. Also the salesman knew the answers to only a few of my questions, and those were guesses. No run flats, right?

EB

Last edited by ebruder; 12-31-2009 at 09:04 AM.
ebruder is offline   Reply With Quote