Thread: Mushy clutch
View Single Post
Old 06-17-2016, 11:17 PM   #13 (permalink)
SouthArk370Z
Premium Member

Drives: 2014 Challenger
SouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larso1 View Post
It seems strange that a late model car should have so much trouble with such a simple thing as a clutch line with slave and master cylinders. I mean, they've been in existence since the early 1900's with good reliability, to the point I've personally never heard of an issue with them. My '97 Maxima has the original master and slave cylinders at 200k miles, only replaced the clutch. Maybe one master or slave on all of the manuals I've owned since the 1960's. Really weird...,
My guess is that temperature plays a big part. Newer engines run a lot hotter than they did back in the 60s. With the undertray, the Z traps a lot of heat around the transmission which causes fluid to degrade faster. But, yeah, that's just a guess.