View Single Post
Old 06-17-2016, 12:39 PM   #474 (permalink)
Ryan @ RJM
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 09' G37S Coupe
Ryan @ RJM is a name known to allRyan @ RJM is a name known to allRyan @ RJM is a name known to allRyan @ RJM is a name known to allRyan @ RJM is a name known to allRyan @ RJM is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by WELL ZED View Post
Hey Ryan,

So I just bought the pedal assembly kit and the clevis, however I dont have the tools to install it and dont know anything about changing these things and am thinking of sending it to the Nissan dealership near me. Anything I should let them know of before in terms of setting the correct AFP %? I want to pay as little as possible in labor/installation fees and just want to let them know what to expect so they dont spend too much time reading the instructions
Hi WELL ZED,
The dealership is probably the last people I'd trust to do a quality install for cheap, especially on aftermarket parts. I would highly recommend any small local shop, a local performance tuning shop or even a handy friend to help you for a case of beer over taking it to the dealership. As for what to tell them the AFP comes pre-set to the initial starting position on the latest Rev3.1 version so they shouldn't need to do anything with that for basic install. Otherwise following the installation guide is 110% recommended for the shop or dealership because I've heard of far too many shops who thought they knew everything and threw the instructions away only to send the customer home with a poorly installed unit with lots of issues for me to sort out with the customer afterwards.
I hope that helps point you in the right direction and to avoid the pitfalls I've seen others fall into with some shops.

Best Regards,
Ryan@RJM

Home of the A.F.P. Upgraded Clutch Pedal System. Smoother Launches, Smoother Shifts & Improved Clutch Control Like No Other Pedal Mod You've Experianced Before Guaranteed!
Visit www.RJMPerformance.com or Email Ryan@RJMPerformance.com Also Don't Forget to Like us on Facebook www.facebook.com/RJM-Performance
Ryan @ RJM is offline   Reply With Quote