View Single Post
Old 12-31-2009, 08:06 AM   #9 (permalink)
kannibul
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370z Touring/Sport
kannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by imag View Post
The Z4M is a nice car. The interior is gorgeous, which makes sense, as it was much more expensive new.

The Z4 also feels much more like a classic sports car to me: compact, tight. The Z has a bit more of a muscle car feel, though it's not nearly as cavernous or bulky as a Mustang. The odd thing to me was to see that the 370Z and the Z4M are within 50 lbs. of each other because the Z4 definitely *feels* much smaller.

The driving experience feels different too, because you sit so far back in the Z4 compared to the 370. The 370 really does pivot around your head, where the Z4 feels like you're a bit on for the ride. Numbers are similar on both, but it's well worth a drive. I'd be very interested in your opinion. The 370 will be louder for sure on the highway.

The one thing I don't like about the BMWs is that they feel more digital to me. Part of that is refinement, but I also feel like it can be hard to sense the throttle, the shift points, and the steering quite as much as the Z. That's likely one for personal preference...

As far as packages, I say base+sport, personally. The Bose isn't worth a crap anyway, and though I do like the job Nissan did on the leather, it wasn't worth the extra $. I actually wouldn't be surprised if you like your M better after a drive, but I'll be curious to find out what you think.
The touring appealed to me because of the seats, primarily. The bose system isn't bad (better than most OEM), but isn't OMFG great, and I knew that going in. Sat radio doesn't appeal to me, but may to others. At the time, bluetooth wasn't something I cared about as my phone didn't have it - but my new one does, and I've got it set up, and it sure beats having to dig out my cell phone while driving! (like in my other vehicles)

Sport Package, unless you intend to go with higher-end aftermarket parts, is a must.

Navigation, I decided to go without - I know my way, I look at mapquest and memorize the route before I go, and can remember easily which ways I need to go to get back to where I came from (due mostly to doing the same with a motorcycle)

Anyhooooo
kannibul is offline   Reply With Quote