View Single Post
Old 06-16-2016, 09:02 PM   #81 (permalink)
somms
Base Member

Drives: 2011 370z SP MT
somms is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc_Z09 View Post
If you want to subject your Z to salt, calcium, and the risk of morons in Expeditions turning it into a crumpled soda can, more power to you bro. Again, just because you can doesn't mean you should.

I've gotta ask... what's the benefit of driving a Z year-round vs the downside? And what would you tell someone who tried the same thing with, say, a Dodge Viper or a Z06? Is it just a cost thing? If so, then why is it so hard for people to admit that having a 2nd vehicle is the better option?

Did you not read my post? A second car isn't an option for some of us. Myself, I live in the city and having one parking spot is something of a miracle. Two is nearly impossible. I don't know how a Dodge Viper or a Z06 drives in the snow. I do know they're not $30k cars.

The OP asked if the car can drive in the snow. It can, if the roads are plowed. This is indisputable. He lives in CO. He knows what winters do to a car. We all do. Repeating it ad nauseum isn't helping anyone.