Thread: Mushy clutch
View Single Post
Old 06-16-2016, 06:56 PM   #3 (permalink)
Dbaxter
Base Member

Drives: 2009/370z/black/m6
Dbaxter is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by JARblue View Post
It's your clutch master cylinder ... they may not have put a new one in when you got the CSC replaced. But even if they did, the seals are easily compromised by contaminants in the system leading to the mushy pedal symptom. I seem to be one of the more extreme cases, but I've replaced my master four times now in 80K miles

RJM Performance just came out with the first heavy duty aftermarket CMC for the Z. I just installed it last week. His clutch pedal assembly is awesome also.
First off, Thanks for the input. This issue has taken all the joy out of driving this car and it's caused me to no longer even want it so I'm hoping to end the nightmare. I replaced my master cylinder at the same time as the csc, but you're saying the master cylinder can still be bad. And I've heard nothing but good things about the RJM pedal and plan to purchase one, will it be a good idea to change master c again at that time Then I should be good? This issue occurs a lot more often during the day when it's hot and at night it's normally fine and doesn't loose pressure.
Dbaxter is offline   Reply With Quote