View Single Post
Old 06-15-2016, 06:00 PM   #11 (permalink)
Brendan
Track Member

Drives: Poor man's Porsche
Brendan has a reputation beyond reputeBrendan has a reputation beyond reputeBrendan has a reputation beyond reputeBrendan has a reputation beyond reputeBrendan has a reputation beyond reputeBrendan has a reputation beyond reputeBrendan has a reputation beyond reputeBrendan has a reputation beyond reputeBrendan has a reputation beyond reputeBrendan has a reputation beyond reputeBrendan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhandy View Post
My car has factory sport suspension and YES the chassis is stiffer now with Nismo sways. They showed me the hardware and it's all beefier, sways much bigger than factory sports. It made a significant difference. Drive my car for yourself doubters, it made a difference.
Cool, man.

edit: attempting to educate instead of be a ****.

So the term you use "chassis flex" is being used incorrectly. You are using it as a term to describe the compliance your car had before changing sway bars. By putting on larger sways, you make the suspension less independent. Bumps and dips in the road will now have a greater effect on the opposite side of the car and make the car feel much stiffer. I do not doubt that the car feels more taught, but you have in no way improved chassis rigidity in any measurable way.

Chassis braces on the other hand, exist for the sole purpose of increasing how stiff the actually chassis and frame of the car is.
example:

Anyways, cheers, man. Glad you enjoy the car more.

Last edited by Brendan; 06-15-2016 at 06:20 PM.
Brendan is offline   Reply With Quote