View Single Post
Old 06-14-2016, 05:12 PM   #16 (permalink)
Spstone
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 14 370Z Nismo 6MT PW
Spstone is on a distinguished road

By all means she was joking. I am very happy with what I have, and honestly I could go out and get 90% of what I want tomorrow. Realistically, and money return wise its better for me to slowly save and a buy a piece at time. I also learned early on when I go buy every thing at once the build is over quick and then I'm looking for the next project and not enjoying the road getting it there. As much as I would at times like to just empty my savings and spend money on the car versus upgrades to the house, retirement fund, vacation fund, emergency fund, etc, in the end I'd be worse off, and have a lot of explaining to my wife who married me for many reasons, but one being I am semi-mature and level headed. That's why I keep a list of parts I am going to purchase, pricing, who's got it, and even when I'm going to purchase them and what order based on the parts allowance I've budgeted per month. I know it seems meticulous, but when I was younger and building hot rods and race cars I never did this. I just bought what I wanted as I saw it, never prioritized or budgeted. It left me breaking things early that shouldn't have ever broke, running out of money by the end of the month, and way over budget at the end of the build.

Actually funny enough one of the member had some interior carbon fiber pieces for sale the other day and by the time I saw it there was only one piece left. It took restrained because it wasn't the right time to buy the interior pieces yet, and I knew if I bought one I'd blow my plan because I'd have to by the rest of the interior pieces sooner then planned.