View Single Post
Old 06-14-2016, 07:12 AM   #4 (permalink)
SouthArk370Z
Premium Member

Drives: 2014 Challenger
SouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond repute

I have zero debt, so I can't be much help on the re-fi. How did I get to be debt free? I re-evaluated my spending habits, cut until it hurt, and paid off all my loans as quickly as possible. As per scottIN, borrowing money to buy an asset that depreciates is not good business (sometimes you have to do it, but avoid it when you can).

My guess is that you are wasting a lot of money on "little" things - a dollar here and a dollar there adds up pretty quick. Drop any extra cable channels you have and/or move to a lower tier - same for any other services you use. Don't upgrade your gadgets every time a new model comes out. You can buy a cable modem for about 10-15x what your ISP is renting you one for - pays for itself in about a year. Eating out is very expensive - learn to cook or at least operate a microwave. Be VERY wary of any thing free - you usually end up paying through the nose for it (eg, "free" cell phones from your provider).