View Single Post
Old 06-13-2016, 11:02 AM   #94 (permalink)
Darwins Child
Base Member

Drives: '14 Z Tour+Sport 7AT
Darwins Child is on a distinguished road

Take a look at the Google satellite and street views of the dealership. The Google sat image is supposedly 2016, but maybe it isn't. If it is, the "dealership" looks to be quite a place, don't you think?

(Also notice the "Ryan Honda" dealership just a short distance north on the same road from the Nissan dealership. Must be another "magic mile" of automotive delight. I would not be surprised if the two dealerships are owned by the same Ryan. Good storefront on the Honda dealership, but if it's the same Ryan, we already have a hint at what might lurk behind the fancy facade.)

Then we have the details of Minot, ND itself:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minot,_North_Dakota

To me, the name "Ryan" seems to be a relatively large automotive fish (shark, in this case) in a relatively small automotive pond. Because locals are probably making their livings at these tax-paying dealerships, these businesses are likely going to have some cozy local "pull" with city politicians, local police and legal system -- judges, lawyers, etc., but maybe I'm wrong.

Therefore, an outside entity such as a national insurance company (a larger shark) with their own legal dept., etc. will likely be the most effective way to get blood from a stone--walling dealership. These "private" proceedings will be nice and quiet; nobody's reputation is going to be hurt, and, unfortunately, "business as usual" can proceed at the automotive abattoir.

BTW, can you imagine what you're going to get for "customer service" on a used vehicle that you buy from "Ryan"? Yikes! As usual, the best bet is to become a competent DIYr on any vehicle you own. After the warranty period is over, have as little to do with the dealership as possible.
Darwins Child is offline   Reply With Quote