View Single Post
Old 06-12-2016, 06:25 PM   #1 (permalink)
sgosh
Base Member

Drives: 16 370Z 14 X6 12 TL
sgosh has much to be proud ofsgosh has much to be proud ofsgosh has much to be proud ofsgosh has much to be proud ofsgosh has much to be proud ofsgosh has much to be proud ofsgosh has much to be proud ofsgosh has much to be proud of
Default First road trip in Z.

I have a house in BC and another in Alberta, so I go back and forth a fair bit. For anyone who hasn't made the drive, I highly recommend it; those mountain roads in the summer are pure bliss.

(Here's the route)

I was a little apprehensive to take my new Z on such a drive. 2 seater, rough, heavy steering, etc. etc. not exactly a GT ... but I did it.

Colour me surprised; I had a hoot on those twisty roads! The smiles:miles ratio was off the charts.

To begin with, the seats are surprisingly comfortable for long drives. The suspension is much more civilized over road imperfections than I imagined, while still helping the car to remain composed at - dare I admit - law-breaking speeds. Also surprising, the Z has remarkable grip on wet highway at high speeds - I wasn't able to test it limits while driving (slightly) north of the speed limit.

Bottom line, I find the little Z is an extremely entertaining car to drive on the highway, yet still comfortable enough to make longer trips a joy.

The only thing I'd recommend first is to line the hatch some sound-deadener. That little thing does wonders to cut down tire-roar on more pebbly highway surfaces.

Cheers!

History: Pontiac-> Honda-> Datsun-> Toyota-> Chevy-> Acura.
Currently: Acura, BMW and Nissan.
sgosh is offline   Reply With Quote