View Single Post
Old 06-11-2016, 08:46 PM   #64 (permalink)
ped
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 2013 370Z
ped is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc_Z09 View Post
Hard to beat a 520+hp v8 that revs to 8250rpm and handles like a race car. If you don't get the R model you'll also have back seats.
Except it limits how many times you can actually rev to that redline. Which is ridiculous. Why have that as a redline if the car will force a limp mode , not allowing it more than a couple of times an hour? They're also popping those engines like popcorn over on the mustang6g forums, so doesn't appear very reliable.

http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/show...ht=Limp&page=7

Quote:
Im afraid the service writer at the dealership did not have a clue about a single aspect of my car lol. i explained what it was and that it was there to protect the tranny from overheating by limiting the revs to 5000 till it cools down etc. The reply was " Its highly unlikely that your revs were limited due to the tranny getting hot nor have we ever heard of such a situation". I thought great..just f#@#$#@ great.I canceled the oil change they were going to do at that point as well. Take it to my buddys place . He has a lift and builds race cars. Guess I will just ask for a printout from the computer .

Last edited by ped; 06-11-2016 at 10:01 PM.
ped is offline   Reply With Quote