View Single Post
Old 06-10-2016, 04:59 PM   #1 (permalink)
kbc749
Base Member

Drives: 2010 370z 6MT
kbc749 is on a distinguished road
Default Clutch Pedal Issues AFTER CSC replacement

Hello,

So I replaced my Clutch Slave Cylinder when it failed last fall. Since then, every once in a while, the pedal will go soft and fail to come ALL the way back up, it sinks to the bottom quarter and clutch modulation still works correctly, but I don't get the return all the way back just like what it did before it failed.

This has been an issue ever since the Z1 replacement. So I have like 8-10 months of experience with this issue. I went back the instant that I got it back and said it wasn't right and they said that's just what it is now... Anyways here is what I've noticed;

-This happens more often in heat situations, I can confirm this because it happened 0 times during the winter even in hard driving. It was not agitated by my autoX competitions at all, but we have had a few 90 degree days this week and it has been consistently acting up.
-It goes away after a while, it doesn't seem to be affected by the pumping of the clutch which was what we all used to fix this issue when it was leaking a little at a time.
-The clutch fluid was replaced with the GTR stuff as per the service order.
-The fluid has not leaked at all since the repair. I can confirm this because there is no fluid on the ground where I park my Z every night in my garage and the fluid level is above max and has been there since the replacement.
-I had Nissan check the fluid when it was in and they confirmed the color and consistency of the fluid was correct with what the fluid should be, its supposed to be high heat stuff if I recall correctly.

So I'm at a loss. It doesn't behave like the other CSC did when it was failing, it only shows its head in hot weather, etc.

I tried searching but I just found posts of peoples whose CSC was failing with the stock one.

Any input or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

KBC