View Single Post
Old 06-10-2016, 03:17 PM   #54 (permalink)
Spstone
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 14 370Z Nismo 6MT PW
Spstone is on a distinguished road

I would look into the insurance on the vett. I know the lady complimented me on the NISMO instead of of a Vett for a midlife crisis car. She said insurance would have easily been double if not triple for me at 32 with a military discount and no accidents and insurance, plus 2 homes.

Personally I think getting a base model isn't the best idea. I'd save a little more and get some thing a little higher. Every one who can just barely afford it gets the base model and they end up depreciating pretty quick comparatively just due to the amount produced. I've had multiple of the kids that work for me take bathes on vettes because of this. Especially as quickly as they have been producing the next model lately. By the time your notes paid off the next gen will be out and your vet will be worth half if not less than what you paid for it. One of my guys just picked up a 2008 C6 Z06 with 8K miles for 26K.

I wouldn't bank on any federal job being permanent in the current political enviroment, especially in the prison system. Budget cuts suck and when it comes to firing federal employees the youngest and newest are the easiest to get rid of.
Spstone is offline   Reply With Quote