View Single Post
Old 06-10-2016, 12:34 PM   #11 (permalink)
Meulen
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2010 370z 40th
Meulen has a reputation beyond reputeMeulen has a reputation beyond reputeMeulen has a reputation beyond reputeMeulen has a reputation beyond reputeMeulen has a reputation beyond reputeMeulen has a reputation beyond reputeMeulen has a reputation beyond reputeMeulen has a reputation beyond reputeMeulen has a reputation beyond reputeMeulen has a reputation beyond reputeMeulen has a reputation beyond repute

I'm going to be a bit of an outlier here. But I've been involved in collision work, and restoration work for a large part of my life. One of my friends makes his living flipping salvaged cars and doing collision work.

That said I'd be REALLY careful. Have a professional check it out. Find out what the car is worth with a salvage title when fixed. Then get an estimate on the damage, ad in some for surprises and a little margin for your trouble. If the number don't ad up don't do it!

I don't buy the "it will never be the same". I here this a lot, but Most anything can be fixed right with the proper time, knowledge and money.

If you're going to mod the heck out the car, it might be a great way to start. I've seen lots of salvage cars become reliable daily drivers too.

do your homework, and bring in a pro. If the price is right....go for it!